The first project I’m going to show you will be presented in two videos. In this first video, I’m going to constructed a horizontal slider that can sit on After Effect’s composition panel. I’ll be introducing the clamp expression, which is essential in creating composition controllers with stable handles. The project will involve connecting the slider to control the opening and closing of a door.
If you choose to follow along with the tutorial, you can either download the work files for this project below, or go to the directory page to download the files for the entire series.
- clamp( )
- 0.00 Introduction
- 0:32 A look at the slider
- 2:19 Importing the files
- 2:45 Preparing the door
- 3:40 Example of faux 3D door
- 4:17 Adding the controller to the comp
- 4:48 Make controller handle’s starting position property 0,0
- 7:19 clamp( ) expression explained
- 8:08 clamp( ) expression is created for the slider handle
- 10:09 End credits