The Add Bones button creates guide layers so that you can animate vector points and their Bézier handles independently. You can use them with shape layers, including masks, as well as puppet pins, and the spacial properties of effects. The button offers a Edit Bones Panel where you can customize the color and size of the icons within the shape layers to better organize your layers. You can edit these icons even after they are created and you have started to animated with them.
- 0:00 Introduction
- 0:22 What is a bone/armature?
- 1:03 Finding the Add Bone panel
- 1:22 Adding bones to a shape layer
- 3:05 The Select Bones & Show/Hide buttons
- 6:35 Changing the color of the icons
- 5:50 Changing the size of the bone icons
- 6:33 The Get and Set buttons
- 7:03 Connecting bones to mask points
- 8:26 Connecting bones to puppet pins
- 9:25 The Bake Appearance button
- 10:00 Credits
Links & other information
For a comparison of two other free scripts which create guide layers (bones) see: Guide layers for Bézier vectors in After Effects